We have the 8 highlights about the Carencro, LA housing market that are affecting your home’s value in 110 seconds or less!
1. Carencro reported 19 homes sold last month. This is down 24% from the previous month and down 51.3% compared to September 2021.
2. The total sales volume last month was 3.9 million dollars and that’s down 34.3% compared to the prior month and down 48.3% year over year.
3. 23 homes came onto the market in September and that is down 30.3% from the previous month. 4. There were 24 homes that went pending in September. This is up
4.3% from the previous month but that represented 104% of all the new listings in September.
5. The average amount of time a house stayed on the market in Carencro was just 7 days. That’s down 53.3% from the previous month.
6. The average sales price in September was $206,703. This is up 6% compared to September of last year.
7. And the MLS reported 21.1% of the homes sold in September sold above list price and that is up 5.7% compared to September of last year. But this is well above average over the last decade.
8. So why are buyers paying over list price when interest rates are rising, and sales are slowing? It’s still a Seller’s Market! And we will most likely continue to see sales above list price at least until supply outpaces demand.
At Keaty Real Estate we pride ourselves on being expert advisors so if you’re thinking about moving up, moving down, or you just have a real estate question Contact us!
To find out more about buying & selling Real Estate in Louisiana visit: https://www.keatyrealestate.com
Follow us on social media: @keatyrealestate Contact us: 337-235-7770
Keaty Real Estate Lafayette 350 Doucet Rd. Suite B. Lafayette, Louisiana 70503
Licensed By The Louisiana Real Estate Commission Independently Owned And Operated